Sunday, January 30, 2011

Grandpa

This man loved me like a daughter, not a grand daughter. This man stepped up for me.
This man was determined to do right. This man worked hard for what he had. This man is funny. This man believes in the Lord. This man seemed to only fear the Lord, and nothing else. I feared this man. This man didn't put up with wrong. This man had a fist made of iron with feathers on the inside. This man has compassion. This man is humble.
This man is determined. This man kept his chin up. This man kept on.
This man is a leader. This man means very much to me.
This man has a mind eaten with disease,
but this man isn't finished.Each wrinkle has a story. A story filled with love, hard work, and maybe even a tear.

2 comments:

  1. what a sweet post. grandpas are the best! i miss mine everyday...but his pic is beside my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, a lovely post. what a great reminder to cherish these sweet men and the memories we have with them. my 90-year-old grandaddy is still giving this world all he's got too. and the world is certainly a better place for having had my dear papa in it too.

    looks like you got your photo fixed at the top :)

    ReplyDelete