Monday, October 11, 2010

Madeline Monday

Madeline is currently working on her multiplication facts. This entails us practicing EVERY chance we get. What's impressive is that she is the one that initiates the practicing. I try tricking her by jumping all over from 1 to 10. I enjoy teaching her the tricks my mom taught me, and the smile she gives when she thinks she's got a "one up" on the other kids. Let's hope this enthusiasm continues.

When I pick Madeline up from after-school care or come home in the mornings from work it's always a fun surprise to see what Madeline has picked out to wear for the day. Just this past week I picked up Madeline wearing grey pants that were way too tight, and about 4 inches off the ground. Along with her highwaters she had on a white shirt with multiple stains and her white cheer shoes which she ruined that day. I asked her how she came up with such an incredible fashion statement and all she could do was giggle incessantly the entire way to the car. I then called Bo to ask him if he had a bag over his head this am to which he giggled as well. Ohwell...

My favorite time of day is the five minutes in the car from church (after school care) to swim practice. This is the time that Madeline and Brynn tell each other about their day. Although all Brynn says is "ahhh" (please note this is not a nice sound it's highly annoying actually, but we're working on words...) it's very obvious there is conversation. Sometimes Madeline is busy doing something, and it's all Brynn can do not to break her neck as she peers around her car seat. There are other times that Brynn and Madeline giggle and laugh the whole way, and I LOVE it! This is when my heart smiles, and I can't get enough of it. I wish swim practice was further away.


Oh, and my little reader read an entire chapter book in one night this past week. Bo found her reading in bed late that night, and she reported to me the next day she "read the whole thing!"

1 comment:

  1. loved reading about your sweet girls' convos in the car. i'm sure it will only get more interesting as brynn's vocabulary develops.

    ReplyDelete